FuzzyConnect Mobile Design Case Study
Even though there seem to be thousands of social media apps, making meaningful connections with people is harder than ever, especially in these turbulent times. On top of that, with remote work becoming popular, people have either moved to less populated areas, or simply do not have opportunities to meet people in their fields. My team and I embarked on creating FuzzyConnect to respond to this problem!
How might we support individuals interested in meeting people in their fields for mentorship and/or research, find quality connections with others?
Now that we have a clearer idea of who our users are, and what their obstacles are, we have a vision of what we can provide for them.
We analyzed the competitive advantages of some of FuzzyConnect’s competitors:
- The app aims to develop/foster a culture of mentorship in a company
- Focuses on companies as clients.
- Mobile-based first and foremost, and not restricted to a department
- Everything is in the app, such as messaging, scheduling, motivation
- More categories ranging from leadership, carreer, success and communication coaching
- Easy to navigate. One-one-mentorships and users can create a super group to brainstorm and learn from peers
- Only available on Web.
User Experience Design
Using our insights from User Research, we created a storyboard to give us an idea about how a user might benefit from this app.
Translating the storyboard into a user flow helps us decide on what order to link the pages and where the interactions will form in the prototype.
User Interface Design
Guerrilla User testing
During user testing on our low fidelity clickable wireframes, users gave us some great feedback:
- Simplify the sign up process
- Make the design friendlier
- Make it more clear what the app is for
- To be more personal and offer more options for a personalized experience
Feature Prioritization Matrix
We created a feature prioritization matrix based on user testing feedback.
With the feedback we went back to the wireframes and designed to better suit our users.
The result is FuzzyConnect! Where you can make meaningful connections with others in your field!
Takeaways / Future Ideas
Some of our next steps are:
- creating a way for people to rate their experience with the people they connect with through FuzzyConnect
- adding an advice section on how to be a better mentor, interviewee, etc.
- and possibly a paid option to unlock more groups!